Monday, March 17, 2008

Ghost of Dead Photographer Haunts Flickr



I'm pretty sure you guys are aware or have heard of the photo sharing site Flickr but I know you guys aren't aware that it's haunted! Thats right a guy by the handle pjs_deceased on flickr is supposedly haunting the site pissed off about how technology has almost completely ruined photography. Just listen to that this guy has to say:

"I am pissed with all those so-called photographers out there with their digital, point-and-shoot wonder-boxes, snapping away like there is no tomorrow, not giving their work any real thought.

In my day every shutter click cost you money. You considered each picture, framed it like it meant something. You careful thought about the lighting and composition because once you pressed that button you couldn't use some fancy technology to fix your mistakes.

I also hate the fact that all this new technology seems to make you believe [sic] that you invented the the medium. It is my hope that by posting my pictures and encouraging other dead folks to post their pictures, we will remind all you "breathers" that photography has been around since the 1850's and many, many talented people have come before you.''

The scary thing is this supernatural spirit or maniac has been haunting flickr for the past 2 months even starting his own group named ''Dead Photographers Club" (which currently has 4 members) and is encouraging other deceased photographers out there to join. Surprisingly thats not the most fucked up thing you're going to hear the guy actually resides in Canada, better yet Toronto! But don't be alarmed his sole purpose of creating an account on flickr was not to scare people but I guess send a statement to all aspiring photographers out there. Real or not whoever is behind this unusual but clever concept deserves some recognition because it sure has gotten my attention lol. Btw here are some pictures this guy has posted on Flickr


O and if this story isn't scary as it is, check out the caption this guy put for the wedding picture ''"The tall good looking guy in the middle was me. The women in the bridesmaid dresses are my bride's sisters. The others were friends, good friends that over time I lost touch with. Most, like me, have passed."






No comments: