Sunday, March 9, 2008

Snowday boredom

So with the past couple days being snow days, I have recently been forced to find ways to keep myself occupied what better way than to find a new hobby? While I was flipping through the channels I came across a replay of the 2008 curling championships. For those unaware of curling let me give you a quick wikipedia breakdown of the sport.

Curling: Two sweepers with brooms accompany each rock and use timing equipment and their best judgment along with direction from their other teammates to help direct the stones to their resting place. The complex nature of stone placement and shot selection has led some to refer to curling as "chess on ice".

I never knew how funny a match could get, if you don't believe me just watch this


From the unbelievable screaming to help guide the rock (0.15) or curling's unmatchable intensity (0.45) thats right, so intense that one of husbands couldn't even watch anymore or maybe its just the amazing commentary put into the sport (1.42) it makes me wonder why curling doesn't get the spotlight it deserves in the sports world, Damn I'm bored....





No comments: